Parad Panchmukhi Ganesh Statue
According to Pandit NM Shrimali, Parad is considered as the most pious, pure and auspicious metal for the worship of Gods. It is believed that worship of Gods with an idol made of Parad brings wealth and good luck to the worshipper and relieves him of negative energies. Parad Panchmukhi Ganesha Statue is made of Parad which is hardened mercury and is very holy metal. Lord Ganesha is also known as Gajananda, Vighnaharta etc. He is the God of Ganas, the elephant faced Deity. The Parad Panchmukhi Ganesha idol represents the primacy of the deity that removes obstacles and brings success in the life of the worshipers. Lord Ganesha is revered as the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and is worshipped at the first place in most of the poojas and ceremonies.
1) Annamaya Kosha This is the food sheath and corresponds roughly to the physical body.
2) Pranamaya Kosha This is the vital energy and it represents the subtle body, nadis, chakras and kundalini.
3) Manomaya Kosha This is the mental sheath which represents the mind and the organs of perception
4) Vijnanamaya Kosha This is the wisdom sheath which represents vijnana, or intellect, the talent which discriminates, determines or wills.
5) Anandamaya Kosha This is the cosmic bless sheath and represents the eternal centre of consciousness.
Pandit Ji says, Parad Ganesha is worshipped for getting siddhi, prosperity, intellect, intelligence and success. Parad Panchmukhi Ganesha is worshipped before undertaking any new venture or before initiating any ceremony. Lord Ganesha is also considered as the lord of education, wisdom, knowledge and intellect, literature and fine arts. Lord Ganesha is also among the deities whose worship was made popular by Adi Sankaracharya; the other four deities being Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Devi Shakti, Lord Surya are also worshipped. The Pooja of these five deities is called the Panchayatana Pooja. Worshipping of Parad Ganesh idol brings name and fame to the worshipper and fills him with wealth and prosperity. It removes obstacles from the path of the success.